What WE Offer
- Experienced Teachers in every class as well as an Assistant
- Safe and secure environment where children can grow and develop
- Hermitage House works to develop all the different skills that children need to develop:
- Gross Motor Skills
- Fine Motor Skills
- Emotional Development
- Auditory and Language Development
- Perceptual Development
- Social Development
- Moral Normative Development
- Independent Development
- Development of the Mind
- Daily programme that includes activities, arts and crafts and class music
- 5 days a week for all classes
- Extra mural activities (computer, swimming, playball, ballet ,and Experi-Buddies-which is science)
- Daily programme is supported by CAPS (Gr. R). Day by Day (3-5 year olds)
- 3 Outings during the year
- Our Concert (one year Nativity scene, following year normal concert)
- At the end of the year Father Christmas comes to visit Hermitage House Pre-School
- We have professional photos taken that parents can purchase
- Fun Fundraisers during the year for the whole family
- Graduation for Grade R
- Bilingual Teaching / Activities during the day
- Assessments 4 times a year
- Tuckshop (“lucky packet”) every second Wednesday
Children are our Mission
- Our aim is to teach our children great character traits which will brighten their future.
- The six main characters are being a good citizen with responsibility, caring and respect for others, and
- Be a child that is trustworthy and fair.
- With being a good person comes good education and a VERY BRIGHT FUTURE!
“Treat others the way you want to be treated.”
At the beginning of each term, a list with names will go out asking parents to donate R60 for tuckshop supplies. Twice a year each child will have a turn to make this donation. The teachers will purchase the required supplies they need in order to make “lucky packets” for each child. Every second Wednesday the Pre-School have their tuck-shop day, therefore each child is required to bring R5 to school in order to receive their “lucky packet”.
ALL teachers at Hermitage House School have an open door policy, and are willing to see parents. Please make appointments with teachers after school hours, should you wish to talk to your child’s teacher regarding a certain topic or concern.